HPD Smoke Detectors NOTICE NEW (ALUMINUM SIGNS 8.5X11)-El blanco Line
HPD SMOKE DETECTORS NOTICE SIGN (White) NEW SIGN EFFECTIVE 10-2017
Aluminum HPD Smoke detector notice Sign
Size 8.5 inch x 11 Inch
Sign has mounting holes in each corner.
Sign Thickness is 0.023 of an inch
HPD required sign : Yes
Part #: HPD 12-04
Sign Type: Wall Mounting
Sign letters color: black
Sign background color: White
Section of the Law: HMC § 27-2045
DISCLAIMER to comply with the New York City Consumer Protection Law which applies to all businesses operating in New York City: HPD-signs.com is a small family-owned and family-operated Brooklyn-based business. HPD-signs.com is not a City of New York store nor are the website, products or services affiliated with the City of New York or any agency of the City of New York. HPD-signs.com itself, its business, website, products, services, or any hyperlinks from its website are not sponsored by, approved by, affiliated with, endorsed by, or connected to the City of New York or any agency of the City of New York, including but not limited to HPD, DOB, DOT, DSNY, FDNY directly or by implication.
SMOKE DETECTOR NOTICE – NEW SIGN EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 18 2017
Effective October 18, 2017, the HPD made changes to the SMOKE DETECTOR NOTICE and adopted the rules of Local Law 153.
Building owners and managers must post the new smoke detector notice in their buildings to avoid HPD violations. In addition, effective October 18, 2017, the HPD has amended the procedures for recordkeeping for smoke detectors. The following must be kept on the premises or in the business office of the managing agent or owner..
HMC § 27-2045 -Post smoke detector requirements in a form approved by HPD at or near mailboxes. View Sample Notice - Smoke Detectors for smoke detectors only or Sample Notice - Combined Notice for smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors and gas leak notice. Section 12-12.1 of Chapter 12 of Title 28 of the Rules of the City of New York describes conditions under which a combined notice may be used.
Section of the Law: HMC § 27-2045
hpd Smoke Detecting Devices Notice
The owner of a Class A multiple dwelling is required to post a Smoke Detecting Devices Notice in a form approved by HPD at or near mailboxes. View the sample Smoke Detecting Devices Notice.
Section of the Law: 28 RCNY § 12-01
The owner may instead choose to post a combined notice for Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detecting Devices and Gas Leak Procedures. View the sample combined Smoke Detecting and Carbon Monoxode Detecting Devices and Gas Leak Procedures Notice.
Section of the Law: 28 RCNY § 12-12.1
Residential owners are required to ensure that tenants are provided with both carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
Owners of all multiple dwellings (Class A and Class B Multiple Dwellings) and one- and two-family homes (non-owner occupied) are required to:
- Provide and install at least one approved and operational carbon monoxide and smoke detector within each dwelling unit.
- In Class A Multiple Dwellings, install at least one detector within fifteen feet of the primary entrance to each room lawfully used for sleeping purposes.
- In Class B Dwellings, install at least one detector within each dwelling unit or a line-operated zoned carbon monoxide and smoke detector system throughout the multiple dwelling in accordance with rules and regulations promulgated by the New York City Department of Buildings.
- In one- and two-family homes (non-owner occupied units), at least one approved and operational detector within each dwelling unit, including at least one carbon monoxide detector within fifteen feet of the primary entrance to each room lawfully used for sleeping purposes.
- Replace any carbon monoxide and smoke detector periodically upon the expiration of its useful life or when it has been stolen, removed, is missing, or rendered inoperable before a new tenant moves in if the prior tenant did not replace it.
- In Class A Multiple Dwellings, replace any detector within 30 days if it becomes inoperable within one year of installation due to a defect and no fault of the occupant.
- Ensure that the installed carbon monoxide alarm is equipped with an end-of-life alarm.
- When a carbon monoxide detector is installed, provide a notice to at least one adult occupant of each dwelling unit regarding the testing and maintenance of the detector, including general information concerning carbon monoxide poisoning and what to do if an alarm goes off, that carbon monoxide detectors have a useful life limitation, and that the owner has a duty to replace such alarms upon the expiration of such useful life.
- Post notices regarding carbon monoxide (Class A Multiple Dwellings and one- and two-family homes only) and smoke detectors (Class A Multiple Dwellings only). A Combined Notice for smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors and gas leak notice can be used. Section 12-12.1 of Chapter 12 of the Rules of the City of New York describes conditions under which a combined notice may be used.
- Keep, and provide upon request, records relating to the installation and maintenance of:
- Smoke detectors (provide to HPD): Recordkeeping requirements are contained in Sections 12-01 and 12-03 of Title 28 of the Rules of the City of New York (excluding one- and two-family homes).
- Carbon monoxide detectors (provide to HPD, DOB, DOHMH or FDNY). Recordkeeping requirements are contained in Sections 12-06 and 12-09 of Chapter 12 of Title 28 of the Rules of the City of New York.
- Never paint over detectors
Shipping and Handling Cost:
Our Shipping is fixed whether you buy 1 item or 20 items (We ship within USA only) - do not miss this opportunity to buy all signs needed at no additional shipping cost.
We are required to collect sales tax on any product sold on this site and shipped to an address in New York. The sales tax is 8.875 percent.
The requirements for sign content are determined by intended use and by applicable regulation. The BUYER is responsible for determining the appropriate content for a sign or package of signs. HPDSigns.com makes no warranty or representation of suitability of a sign for any specific application. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE SIGNS THE CUSTOMER ORDERS ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. Please review terms and conditions prior to purchase.
For more information about what is required, see the laws that are referenced and the rules applicable to your city and state. This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, professional advice or a statement of law. You may wish to consult with an attorney.