HPD REQUIRED SIGNS
HPD NYC REQUIRED SIGNS CHECKLIST
The Housing Maintenance Code (contained in the NYC Administrative Code), Multiple Dwelling Law, and the Rules of the City of New York require signage to be posted at buildings, documents to be filed with New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), and notices to be provided by property owners to tenants. Below is an overview of some of these requirements. For more information about what is required, see the laws that are referenced and the Rules of the City of New York. This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice or as a statement of the law. You may wish to consult with an attorney.
Hpd required signs are one of the most important requirements by the New York City (nyc) housing preservation and development program (hpd) in order for buildings to stay in compliance according to nyc building code. Specific types of signs must be displayed as required by the nyc hpd codes. At hpd signs, we have in stock all hpd required signs, hpd frames and NYC fire department signs.
HPD signs refer to signs used by the Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) department of the government of New York City. HPD is responsible for enforcing housing codes and promoting safe and affordable housing for residents of New York City.
HPD signs may be used for a variety of purposes, including communicating information about housing code violations, notice of repair or maintenance work, and reminders about building safety and security measures. The signs may be posted on the exterior or interior of buildings, and may include text, graphics, or both.
WHAT ARE HPD REQUIRED SIGNS ?
- One (1) inspection visits frame 6 x 9 - CODE -Learn more MDL § 329
- Two (2) signs with name and location of person with keys to boiler room (1 in lobby; 1 on entrance door of boiler room)-CODE HMC 27-2033 -Learn more HMC § 27-2033
- One (1) sign with superintendent/ janitor name/address-Learn more § 27-2053
- One (1) Serial Number Signage -LEARN MORE 27-2107
- One (1) smoke detectors notice- CODE HMC 27-2045
- One (1) carbon monoxide detector notice-CODE HMC 27-2046.1
- In a fire, close all door behind you ( on each stairway door and building entrance, basement door etc..)-Administrative Code 15-135
- One (1) Housing Information Guide sign- learn more NYC ADMIN. CODE 26-1103
- One (1) gas leak notice -CODE HMC 27-2005
- One (1) Disaster Response Sign - CODE HMC 27-2051.1-Learn more about hpd disaster response signage
- One (1) Garbage collection sign (if no 24 hour dumbwaiter service in building)- CODE HMC 27-2022 -READ MORE ABOUT HPD GARBAGE COLLECTION LAW
- Floor number on each floor- CODE HMC 27-2049 - READ MORE ABOUT 27-2048 LAW
- Street number on front of building; must be visible from the sidewalk-CODE HMC 27-2049- read more About 27-2049
- One (1) Fire safety plan Hallway - READ MORE ABOUT NYC FIRE SAFETY PLAN
- One (1) Fire safety notice for fireproof / non-fireproof building Hallway -READ MORE ABOUT THE FIRE SAFETY NOTICE LAW
- No smoking – NYC smoke free air act sign- READ MORE ABOUT NYC SMOKE FREE ACT LAW
- Fire safety Notice on each inside of an apartment door (8.5 inch x 5.5 Inch)-READ MORE ABOUT THE FIRE SAFETY NOTICE LAW
- Residential Building smoke policy disclosure Sign -LEARN ABOUT NYC SMOKE POLICY
¨ No storage in hallway sign
¨ Window guard notice sign
¨ NYC how to recycle sign
¨ NYC electronics recycling sign
¨ Emergency shut-off switch for boiler sign
¨ Fire extinguisher arrow sign
¨ Roof access – authorized persons only sign
DISCLAIMER to comply with the New York City Consumer Protection Law which applies to all businesses operating in New York City: We are small family-owned and family-operated Brooklyn-based business. We are not a City of New York store nor are the website, products or services affiliated with the City of New York or any agency of the City of New York. We ourselves, our business, websites, products, services, or any hyperlinks from its website are not sponsored by, approved by, affiliated with, endorsed by, or connected to the City of New York or any agency of the City of New York, including but not limited to HPD, DOB, DOT, DSNY, FDNY and federal directly or by implication.
DISCLAIMER These codes may not be the most recent version. The State / federal or other regulation department may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
The requirements for sign content are determined by intended use and by applicable regulation. The BUYER is responsible for determining the appropriate content for a sign or package of signs. WE makes no warranty or representation of suitability of a sign for any specific application. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE SIGNS THE CUSTOMER ORDERS ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. Please review terms and conditions prior to purchase.
For more information about what is required, see the laws that are referenced and the rules applicable to your city and state. This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, professional advice or a statement of law. You may wish to consult with an attorney.