WHAT ARE HPD REQUIRED SIGNS ?
- One (1) inspection visits frame 6 x 9 - CODE -Learn more MDL § 329
- Two (2) signs with name and location of person with keys to boiler room (1 in lobby; 1 on entrance door of boiler room)-CODE HMC 27-2033 -Learn more HMC § 27-2033
- One (1) sign with superintendent/ janitor name/address-Learn more § 27-2053
- One (1) Serial Number Signage -LEARN MORE 27-2107
- One (1) smoke detectors notice- CODE HMC 27-2045
- One (1) carbon monoxide detector notice-CODE HMC 27-2046.1
- In a fire, close all door behind you ( on each stairway door and building entrance, basement door etc..)-Administrative Code 15-135
- One (1) Housing Information Guide sign- NYC ADMIN. CODE 26-1103
- One (1) gas leak notice -CODE HMC 27-2005
- One (1) Disaster Response Sign - CODE HMC 27-2051.1
- One (1) Garbage collection sign (if no 24 hour dumbwaiter service in building)- CODE HMC 27-2022
- Floor number on each floor- CODE HMC 27-2049
- Street number on front of building; must be visible from the sidewalk-CODE HMC 27-2049
- One (1) Fire safety plan Hallway
- One (1) Fire safety notice for fireproof / non-fireproof building Hallway
- No smoking – NYC smoke free air act sign
- Fire safety Notice on each inside of an apartment door (8.5 inch x 5.5 Inch)
- Residential Building smoke policy disclosure Sign
¨ No storage in hallway sign
¨ Window guard notice sign
¨ NYC how to recycle sign
¨ NYC electronics recycling sign
¨ Emergency shut-off switch for boiler sign
¨ Fire extinguisher arrow sign
¨ Roof access – authorized persons only sign
DISCLAIMER to comply with the New York City Consumer Protection Law which applies to all businesses operating in New York City: We are small family-owned and family-operated Brooklyn-based business. We are not a City of New York store nor are the website, products or services affiliated with the City of New York or any agency of the City of New York. We ourselves, our business, websites, products, services, or any hyperlinks from its website are not sponsored by, approved by, affiliated with, endorsed by, or connected to the City of New York or any agency of the City of New York, including but not limited to HPD, DOB, DOT, DSNY, FDNY and federal directly or by implication.
DISCLAIMER These codes may not be the most recent version. The State / federal or other regulation department may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
The requirements for sign content are determined by intended use and by applicable regulation. The BUYER is responsible for determining the appropriate content for a sign or package of signs. WE makes no warranty or representation of suitability of a sign for any specific application. IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE SIGNS THE CUSTOMER ORDERS ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. Please review terms and conditions prior to purchase.
For more information about what is required, see the laws that are referenced and the rules applicable to your city and state. This page is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice, professional advice or a statement of law. You may wish to consult with an attorney.